Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Trying out Hangar 24

So recently I've been kinda into a local brewery. Hangar 24 is known for their Orange Wheat beer, it's everywhere and super easy to drink. Trying to branch out a bit from their introductory beer, I purchased a couple to try!


I decided to try the Gourdgeous Imperial Porter and the Alt-Bier Amber Ale. The Gourdgeous is a pumpkin beer (pumpkin is a type of gourd) from their Local Fields selection. Alt-Bier is an old style German beer in this case the twist is added chocolate! Yum!


I love their caps! 


 The pumpkins used for this beer were gathered down the street from the brewery with the help of volunteers to pick and grill them for brewing. Since it is a seasonal beer coming to the end of its cycle I decided to pick it up before it was too late!



Perfect pairing before the pumpkin spice rush of October ends!
Anyways I hope to be able to check out their brewery soon, maybe this weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment