Thursday, July 25, 2013

Excel Orange Pineapple, Redondo Peach, and Jack Blacks Blood Red Cola

Alright so today I a have three different soda reviews to go over!
Lets get to it...
__________

First up is the Excel Orange Pineapple. This soda came with no surprises, the name is the game and it totally delivers! The citrusy orange and tangy pineapple mix extremely well, I loved this soda, on a hot summer day it is awesome!



Apparently this soda has been made since 1936 and uses pure cane sugar for sweetness. The owner originally won a reward for catching a bank robber and used it to buy himself a used bottling machine. From there he was able to make his business grow, and now I have one of his babies in my hands... who would have thought! Excel is one of the few Mom and Pop soda companies left, in fact the original owner's wife actually talks about the company in the video below, she was 97 years old :P



This soda gets a definite 10/10
__________


Next up is the Redondo Peach soda, this one was kind of a miss for me actually. The name says "peach" but the color of the drink had me guessing what it really was.


Once I popped it open and took a sip I realized it.. of course! It is not peach flavored, but instead bubble gum. Yep, the sweet sweet flavor of bubble gum, not the fancy 5 gums of today, but the old school bubble gums of yester-years.


Anyways, I was kinda disappointed by the flavor, not because it was bad, it was actually extremely great bubble gum, but because I really wanted it to be a peach soda...


It is bottled by Real Soda which makes great sodas btw, including my favorite, Leninade! Hopefully I get to review that one soon. As for this one, I would say 5/10 sorry!
__________

Last but not least is Skeleteen's Jack Black's Blood Red Cola
This baby is pretty good, but I think Mexican Coca Cola has spoiled all other Colas for me. Even so, this one is probably in my tops list.


The look for this soda is extremely aggressive and unique to the brand. Similar to the Love Potion #69 I tried last time, they have the skull theme and give a twist to already existing flavors.


The soda's styling is great and makes it a great treat to look at. If you collect bottle caps, this is definitely a keeper.


There is a slight red tint to this drink, it is just very deep and barely noticeable.
I would give this cola an 8/10
__________

Tune in next time for more reviews! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment