Saturday, July 13, 2013

Cheerwine and Skeleteens Love Potion #69

So we couldn't resist to just try one soda today, we decided on trying two!
We first picked Cheerwine, and had high hopes for a great refreshing taste.

I couldn't resist and had to drink before I remembered to take a picture!

Cheerwine is cherry flavored soda, not overly sweet but manages to have a great black cherry flavor, not medicine like in any way. It is sweetened with cane sugar and contains no alcohol despite its name. The bottle is really cool too, its the little things that count!

Overall this drink gets a 9/10, I'm a sucker for cherry flavored stuff and this drink is on my list for life.
__________

Up next is the Skeleteen Love Potion #69


This drink is extremely unique and is nothing like I've had before. By looks alone it looks kind of like grape soda, but it turns out to be extremely more complex than that.

Actually, the first sip tastes a like grape but then you get a surge of flavors; the best way I can describe it is kind of like black berry. In reality it is made from a combination of different herbs including Siberian Ginseng, Jasmine, Buchu, Dillweed, Ginko Biloba, Clove, Echinacea, Damiana, Kola Nut, Dong Quai, Brazilian Guarna, Gotu Kola, African Capsicum and Chamomile. Yep! You wouldn't know it, but this is the Jagermeister of sodas and it is executed extremely well.

The bottle's presentation is awesome, and the flavor is awesome, totally recommended to try it at least once, as for the "Love Potion" qualities, I didn't experience much.

I would give it a 8/10, not my favorite but definitely unique and above average, literally nothing tastes like it.
__________


2 comments:

  1. Great review on the sodas!

    Wow Love Potion #69 has a long list of ingredients, never would have guessed all of those herbs blended together so effortlessly to make that soda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha well I hope you liked it can't wait to try more >:P

      Delete