Tuesday, August 27, 2013

BevMo! Trip #2

I know I'm long overdue but here it is!
I managed to sneak in another trip to BevMo! to pick up a couple more items which I thought looked interesting.
_________________

Check it out!



I bought Skeleteens Brain Wash, Big Ben's Cream Soda, Sioux City Root Beer, Capt'n Eli's Root Beer, Leninade, and Skeleteens Black Lemonade
_________________

Along with the sodas I picked up a little extra something...



Erdinger Weissbrau Pikantus is a dark brown German Beer, which tastes like oats, chocolate, and has an aroma almost like tea. This is actually the first beer I have had that I actually enjoyed! No wonder the German culture is known for their beers! It was awesome.


9/10 I am definitely going to try this brand's other beers!
_________________

Alright so this post also has a couple of reviews and first impressions, first up will be Leninade.



Leninade is pure perfection. It is a lemonade, but colored reddish in memory of the great Lenin who was a great advocate of communism in the Soviet Union. The bottle itself is decorated with quotes and communist propaganda, all taken with a grain of sand.


Honestly this soda is so great that even president Obama could probably drink one on the lawn of the White House with a smile on. 10/10! Definitely a must.

_________________

Next on the list is Skeleteen's  Black Lemonade


I really love cherry and this drink totally delivered on the cherry department. The black is actually black cherry lemonade. The flavor is extremely strong though, so it may be hard to finish the soda all by yourself. Even so, this one you should give a chance.


Again the bottle is decorated pretty cool and the bottle cap made me laugh!


Anyways, I would say 7/10, the drink is pretty good, but its strong flavor might detract from the refreshment of a lemonade.
_________________

Alright so enough with the lemonades! Up next is another Skeleteens drink, Brain Wash.


I was kind of hesitant to pick this drink up because of its strong blue color but the label sucked me into trying it. Basically its kind of like blueberry/raspberry flavor. It has hints of boysenberry as well so it almost stings your tongue with flavor. Something to note though, because of its strong color... lets just say it will paint your fluids as well... yeah. Since I was not a big fan I have to say 3/10... its ok but I would definitely not buy it again or recommend it to anyone.

_________________

Alright well that is it for now! Stay tuned for more next time, thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I've always wanted to try Leninade. Now I know where to get them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check their website for the store before you go! They don't always have them in stock, its actually kind of rare :(

    ReplyDelete