Monday, April 15, 2013

Liquor Spotlight #1


So I have recently been graced with the privilege of becoming 21 years of age; because of this I have started a collection of spirits that have caught my eye. I will periodically be adding and posting up spotlights of new drinks as I find them.
__________
  • First up is a small bottle of Sho Chiku Bai Premium Ginjo Sake. Sake is a culturally Japanese spirit made from special sake rice and then fermented. Ginjo is a specific type of Sake which is made from 50% milled rice, up from 30% milled in less premium sakeThe result of the slower, longer process is a silky-smooth, rich texture and a fruity flavored drink. With an alcohol content rivaling that of wine, and a beautifully designed bottle, this should prove to be a delicious and refreshing drink.
Look at the pretty flower!
__________
  • Next on the list is a bottle of Atotonilli Rompope de Nuez, or Pecan Rompope. Rompope is an eggnog like drink which comes from Mexico, in this case the flavor is infused with pecans for an extremely sweet and thick drink.



    Official Cazadores shot glass!

                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    This bottle is actually special for me; my aunt brought it from Mexico as a present for my 21st, so couldn't resist and I popped it open and savored a nice shot of Rompope. It was surprisingly sweet with a strong caramel flavor and pecan chucks, really yummy!


                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~







    __________

    • These next couple of liquors were gifts from my father. To begin, these are probably the heftiest bottles I have ever seen in my life. They are actually both 3 LITERS of tequila each! Inside of these monstrosities is Tequila Reposado Honorable and Tequila Embajador Jalisciense Reposado. 
    Tequila is made from Agave plants in the state of Jalisco,
     in this case they are classified as "Reposado" or rested; 
    aged a minimum of two months, but less than a
    year in oak barrels of varying size.
    I included a size comparison of these two monstrosities to a regular bottle
     you would find at a store, they are over twice (actually three times) the size!

    __________
    • Last but definitely not least are the final two gifts from my dad. These include a bottle of Jack Daniel's Barrel House 1 Tennessee Whiskey (in a cool wooden box) and a bottle of Jack Daniel's 125th Anniversary Tennessee Whiskey. From my understanding these are two extremely rare bottles and can go for a couple hundred bucks each! I will probably not be opening them anytime soon.






















    These bottles can actually be registered on the Jack Daniel's website, the tags hold their information.




    Honestly these are probably two of the most bad-ass bottles of liquor I have had the privilege of holding in my hands!






    __________

    • This is all for today! I hope you enjoyed, I shall be posting up some of the rest of my collection later so stay tuned


    No comments:

    Post a Comment