Sunday, November 2, 2014

My New Toy

So I kind of impulse bought something the other day. I've been eyeing this piece of equipment for a while now, but I did not think it was worth the listed MSRP. Recently it went on sale and I sprung up on the chance to finally own one. What is it you might ask?

Korg Kaossilator 2 (in limited edition Gold/Pearl)



Hmmm probably still don't know what it is huh. Basically it is a dynamic phase synthesizer, a synthesizer which instead of using a keyboard has a touch pad. It lets you loop 2 measure with 4 beats each, in other words, about two seconds, also featuring an external input recorder. While there are many limitations to this little guy, these limitations are what make it extremely fun and a machine that drives creativity.


I'm still learning the ins and outs but here is a very short demo as to what it can do! It's not very good but it's really fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment