Friday, November 28, 2014

Winter 2014 Collection

So ummm I just realized the other day... I kind of have been on a shopping spree. I may have a problem.


Sorry for the potato quality but this is a preview of most of the different beers I've been collecting recently to try. I'll do my best to give my thoughts on as many as I can, sometimes I just open them up and forget.


Something interesting I found the other day as well, a couple of boxes of Fox Barrel pear cider. They were bought by Crispin a couple of months ago, so these must be a bit old. Would have been cool for collection, but I chose to pass.


On the subject of Crispin, I finally found some Crispin Brown's Lane. This apple cider is imported from England, made from English bittersweet apples, tending to be a lot more dry compared to other ciders. While it isn't my favorite Crispin has to offer, it is unique enough to hold its own.


So I think that Hangar 24 Polycot is on my top 10 list for favorite beers. It is really clean tasting, bubbly, and fruity, almost like a cidery beer. If you ever come across it (pretty hard to find), definitely give it a try. Its a wheat ale brewed with apricots using white wine yeast!


I have not really ventured much into the world of porters and stouts, so I decided to try my luck with Buffalo Bill's Brewery Blueberry Oatmeal Stout (a mouthful I know). I actually really enjoyed the flavor of the beer, my only complaint would be that the blueberry was very subtle.


It poured a really nice dark color and definitely had a great smell. If you are into stouts you should give it a try, it might not be the best, but its far from the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment